Love ‘em or hate ‘em, a man’s beard can arouse a multitude of emotions. Through decades of evolution, the beard has reflected certain perceptions…strength, wisdom, or status for example. It has been re-borne in many forms, from the Imperial to the Bandholz and everything in between. Beard trends have changed, but one thing is for sure, with magnificent facial hair comes great satisfaction.
Whether you’re already a devoted beardsman, or you’re considering some new facial hair, these handy facts will keep you on top of your beard knowledge game.
- Around 55% of the world’s male population sport some form of beard or facial hair.
- The longest beard on a living male was measured at an astounding 1.83m.
- Studies have revealed that women find men with a beard more attractive than when they are clean shaven.
- You can save months of your lifetime by growing a beard – the average man spends over 3,300 hours of his life shaving.
- Shaving can cause acne by spreading bacteria across your face. There’s a simple solution – stop shaving!
- A fear of beards is referred to as Pogonophobia and the study of beards is referred to as Pogonology.
- A man’s beard will grow 5.5 inches per year on average.
- A beard has the ability to increase 3 things – your perceived social status, age and aggressiveness.
- Beard oil is a must for a good looking beard.
- You’ll grow attached to your beard!
What If I Can’t Grow A Beard?
If you’ve tried time and time again to grow a beard but failed, don’t stress! All hope is not lost! Although beard transplants have been around for over a decade, it’s only recently that the number of men having the procedure has exploded as beard transplants have become more and more popular and more sophisticated in recent years.
You can achieve the ultimate, full and natural beard with our beard transplants. Just like normal hair implantation, the donor hairs for beard implantation come from your scalp – either the back or sides, wherever your hair is the densest. Depending on the look you are trying to achieve, a filling can be added to patchy areas, or you can go for a thick or sculpted beard.
Gro’s beard transplant technique gives you:
- Natural results that look and feel great
- Maximised results that last a lifetime
- No scalpel, no stitches and no scarring
Whether it’s a Vandyke, Mutton Chops or Bandholz Beard you’re after, or if you just want to sculpt or fill in your beard, we can help. The first step is to have a confidential consultation with one of our hair growth specialists to ask any questions you have and discuss your personalised options.
You can click on one of the buttons below to book a consultation or ask a question. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 787 563.
- Gro Australia Suite 4, Level 6/75 Crown Street, Sydney, NSW, 2011 - 1300787563
- Gro Australia Level G, 135 Wickham Terrace, Brisbane, QLD 4000 - 1300787563
- Gro Australia 178 Ashmore Rd, Benowa, QLD 4217 - 1300787563
- Gro Australia Suite R11, Ground 717 Bourke Street, Docklands, Melbourne, VIC 3008
Related Article: 6 Reasons Why People Go Bald